Friday, May 11, 2007

They see me rollin

Every Thursday night I have the wonderful invitation to go hang out with my girls. I look forward to it every week so I can catch up on gossip and of course watch Grey's Anatomy...(sniff sniff season finale next week). Anyway one of my dearest friends is getting married in June and I am a bridesmaid. I have the dress, needs some help from a tailor, I have the shoes, they need to be broken in, but by and by I am doing well for someone who has been known to wait til the last minute for things like this. So last night I brought up to the bride, what in the world am I going to do to my hair. I have a blue halter silky dress that is fitting, but sways at the bottom from J. Crew. It is also a black tie event. To me curly crazy hair does not scream black tie. So we started flipping through all of the magazines that 3 girls collect and looking things up on the Internet. UGGG if you Google bridesmaids updos, you get lots and lots of tendrils. Someone should tell these people that tendrils went out in the 80's and really were not that cool then. Yes I had them for one dance, but never never never again will I have them. As I have said in other blogs curls are in. Great. Not my curls. I don't see anyone with Shirley Temple curls on the cover of Vogue. I see people with straight hair and a personal assistant putting each of those curls in with a curling iron. I am sure that I pointed my view about this last night, and somehow the velcro curlers came out of the closet. (Bad idea number 1) Caroline gently brushes my hair (bad idea number 2) and places each one into what my mother used to call a rat's nest. (Bad idea number 3) I sat patiently while McDreamy thought about hooking up with another girl and daydreamed about how these rollers were going to change my hair and of course my life. They cooled and plop I was back in front of Caroline ready to take these puppies out! Then the peanut gallery starts a little snickering. Caroline says wait, lets brush them out for a second, bush brush brush. I stand up to look in the mirror when one of the girls cracks up and says hahah Mary you look like you are in a Miss America pageant. I did. All I needed was a sparkly dress and a baton to twirl and I was on my way. Now I will tell you that my hair should win an award for staying however you put it. I can wear it in a ponytail and take the rubber band out and it still looks like it is in there. So just imagine what it looked like with rollers. Needless to say Caroline made me sit back down and put my hair in a ballet bun and said, yep I think this would look great for the wedding. So the lesson for the day is NO ROLLERS...but maybe I will try one of those BIG curling irons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look what i found for you!
http://www.naturallycurly.com/index.php

Mary Montague said...

Great web site! Thanks Anne!