Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hello Hydration

Shampoo and I do not get along. We do not have that lovey dovey relationship like Adam Sandler and his shampoo in Billy Madison. I was on a DOVE shampoo and conditioner kick for a while and that was working well until my hairdresser made me feel guilty that I was basically buying over the counter shampoo when I needed the stuff you can only get in her shop. So I looked at her stuff and it sure felt good when she put in my hair but the prices are ridiculous! So I started not to feel so bad about my over the counter stuff...until I ran out and had to go and get more. I started to feel bad about my hair again and decided to check out some of the top shelf shampoo that you can still get over the counter. I found some that looked great and was on Sale! My favorite four letter word. I bought it and headed to Warsaw for the Bluegrass Festival. Before dinner that night I took a shower and was excited to wear my hair down, uggg this shampoo and conditioner made me feel like I was putting sand paper on my scalp. I thought to myself, it cannot be this top shelf stuff, it must be the motel shower. At home a couple days later I noticed the same feeling, this can't be good. Good old boy scout Barret always has some extras of everything in the closet, I must investigate. Sure enough he had this blue bottle of Herbal Essence. Fine, this will work. OH MY GOD. It is the best stuff I have ever put in my hair. I more closely examined the bottle and it was calling my name "HELLO HYDRATION". What a great name for a shampoo. I am always upset when I have to buy shampoo and conditioner for "dry and damaged" hair. Is my hair damaged because it is curly? I know it is dry and sometimes feels like straw...but do we have to use the word damaged? That is like in IKEA when you can get already cheap things for next to nothing because a piece is missing, and then it doesn't work, so you still have to pay for it...BUT it is cheaper. Not my new shampoo...HELLO HYDRATION! So of course Barret doesn't use conditioner, which amazes me, how can people not use conditioner...anyway...so I went to Target today and bought the conditioner and noticed a whole new Herbal Essence world. They have shampoo and conditioner for everyone, and they speak to you. My new Hello Hydration says " let us soak it to ya. we're all about the moisture, so let us quench your tresses with lush hydration." That is soooo much better then for dry and damaged. They totally understand the problems that I am having. Also it smells delicious of orchid & coconut milk. UM...YUM! I am in love with it. When you put shampoo in to the dry and damaged hair you can actually feel your roots drinking in this sweet goodness. Well I had to look at all the other stuff too, they had one there for curly hair also, which Barett wouldn't have bought because his is straight. So I bought some product for that and this one is called Totally Twisted. Love it. And it says to me "make a curl's life happy. we're for girls who want curls, and babes who want waves that are smooth, lush and defined." Again how much better is that then, dry and damaged. This one has Lavender twists and jade extracts. yum! They have all these products for every kind of hair, from dry and damaged to you are trying to hard to cover your greys. Except they have nice names and speak to you and your hair will love it! So trust me on this one, if you are in need of some hydration get it and let me know if you feel the same way about it as I do.

2 comments:

kitty said...

i liked herbal essences too for a while, but then i started to hate the smells because they stunk on me. i felt like trailer trash. help, i need cheap shampoo but don't want to smell cheap!

Mary Montague said...

Yes I hated them for a while too, but you really have to check out this new stuff. It smells wonderful. Or maybe you are just stinky?