Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Run it Run it

Have you ever seen the commercial with Ellen DeGeneres commercial for VISA where she is at a Board Meeting surrounded by animals and says her dream was to work with animals? This is my life. I am surrounded everyday at our new doggie daycare with lots of puppies wanting to help me work. They like to take the trash out of my trash can that now sits higher than my head, they like to chew on the cords when I am not looking to help me fix my computer, they like to sleep on pillows like I would like to do while I am busy, and sometimes best of all they like to leave me little puddles to slip that send me sliding into the other room. I laugh every time I see that commercial and just think be careful what you ask for. I love all the puppies, but they are like children, I am glad they are someone elses and not all mine. Although I wouldn't mind a friend for abbey, but we won't go there today. Anyway sometimes we get dogs that belong to famous people, my boss has trained for Jimmy Dean, Don Henley, Richard Petty and many others. Well it always sends everyone crazy and everyone wants to work when these dogs are being brought into the office. Although the famous always seem to have someone else bring their dog in and then it is not that exciting. The latest buzz was a famous nephew of someone with the last name Brown was coming in for training. The aunt said her nephew had gone through a bad breakup and the dog needed some help. We were convinced it was Bobby Brown after the break up with Whitney, which spun the whole convo into that we could not believe Whitney was dating Ray-J! Oh and all of this was during a staff meeting. Again are you remembering that commercial? So this morning our new front desk girl brought the cutest pit bull puppy into my office and asked me to introduce her with the other dogs. Love to! She said, this is the Brown dog. Bobby Brown? i ask. No someone named Chris Brown. Now I am not a big R&B person, but I know who Chris Brown is because he is from Tappahannock. He is what has all the young boys in Tappahannock thinking they can be famous. It is hilarious. So my boss called a few minutes later and I answered the phone singing, "run it run it" and she had no idea what I was talking about, much less who Chris Brown is so i explained and she thought that was just great. The other girls in the office were drooling over the dog, because apparently they are in love with this 18 year old from Tappahannock. Really this just cracks me up. And I am really leaving this all for a 401K?

No comments: