Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh Thank Heaven for 7-11

On Tuesday mornings I like to stop by the 7-11 and get one of those big blueberry muffins. They are my favorite and I limit myself to only having them on Tuesday mornings, because they are my reward for having three needles stuck in my arm at the allergist. I also like to people watch/listen there. This 7-11 is the best in fact for people watching, because there are some interesting characters. Might even make a good reality show. I will never forget the 7-11 this Christmas when all the employees hung stockings and had a contest to see who could make the most money in their stocking. So you were supposed to give your favorite cashier a couple bucks in their stocking and I guess it decided who was the coolest. Was it the transvestite who routinely hits on Barret, but I am not sure Barret realizes what is going on...or was it going to be the quiet girl with the long ass nails who cooks the hot dogs. I put money in the transvestites...because seriously he is freaking hilarious. I don't know if this was quite the promotion corporate had thought of for the holiday season, but it was the most pleasant cashiers I had ever met! So this morning was another interesting moment. I should tell you that I have great vision, but can never find anything. I will say to Barret, Babe...where is the new toothpaste? And his answer almost every time is... "next to the pink elephant". I just have blinders on sometimes. Jessica used to tell me to look with my eyes. That meant that I couldn't just scan I had to lift something and usually it was under that. But my hearing, my hearing is pretty good, and pretty annoying for some people. I like to listen to what complete strangers are saying. And it is not like I do it on the sly...nope usually I catch myself looking right at them nodding, like I am their best friend. So this morning there was a lady in the 7-11 who was high on something or drunk or just crazy at 8 am. Already a true character. One of the guys who worked there was telling her that if she just listened to her MAN and did what her MAN told her to do she wouldn't get in trouble. (mental note to self: don't put money is his stocking) She said her man didn't know nothing about her and she ain't going to listen to no one. All the girl cashiers applaud her. That's right girl. I must have blanked out for a second when deciding between the diet coke and the juice because next thing I heard was the man say, "God only created one man, we all come from the same man" Then I heard the best quote of the whole day from my drunk lady..."Well if all men came from one, then they must all be my baby's daddy" And I think that is what they call sticking it to the man.

No comments: