Monday, August 11, 2008

Musical Chairs-ghetto style

On Saturday I cleaned for 8 hours straight. This might sound not abnormal to some people, but it is very abnormal for me. I was nauseous with the smell of bleach by the end of the day. Our house is going on the market on Thursday and everything has to be in tip top shape. The windows are clear, the kitchen is now yellow, the toilet has a new seat...man someone is going to walk into the house and really dig it. But thank god it was not on the market this week with visitors on Saturday afternoon. What seemed at first like a great kids birthday party across the street took an interesting twist. I drove to go and get the painters and myself some lunch and in the alley was a huge blowup water slide where kids were having a blast! There was ribbons and balloons and pin the tale on the donkey all over the neighbors yard with kids running everywhere. What a great city birthday party. Barret and I started to work in the yard a little bit and started hearing some music coming from the party. A little Shaggy with Mr. Boombastic...nothing crazy. Then we heard one of the worst songs either one of us had ever heard full of the N word, the B word, the F word...you name it word and it was in there. But something was wrong with the CD...it kept playing and then would turn off and then play again and turn off. About the third time we realized there was giggles and screaming when the music was turned off...they were playing musical chairs. I mean I wish you could have heard this song...it was different. Both Barret and I were very glad no one was looking though our house at that moment...but there is always this weekend!

No comments: