Wednesday, June 6, 2007

corporate bachlorettes

Well I know that it has been a while since I have written and I apologize, especially to my biggest fan Anne who will let me know when it has been a while. I have been swept away from the world of non profits and small business to a big bad ass corporation. I love it and I miss a lot of stuff from my other jobs, such as flexibility and good friends, but I have found benefits and other perks to my new job as well. Ok so that question is out of the way. Now down to the good stuff. I LOVE BACHLORETTE PARTIES. Every year or so I have a good friend who gets married. Katie last year and Caroline and Laura this year. I have a big group of girlfriends, and most of us have been friends since high school. I love them all, but we all can get on each other's nerves every once and a while and you know the same old girl drama that happens with every gaggle. But those are not the times to remember. Saturday night 10 girls hit the town. I was so proud of us! 10 girls and not one single slice of drama. WAY TO GO! We started out the night on the front porch of 1825...one of our most cherished places. We caught up with the girls who don't live in Richmond and proceeded to start our beer drinking. We got pizza opened presents and decided we were ready to hit the town to go dancing. We called the cab and when the driver told us he could only fit 8 we laughed and said that is to damn bad and 10 of us squeezed in for the ride downtown. Caroline had a list of things she had to do on her shirt such as kiss a guy with a chinstrap, get a guy's wifebeater, among other R rated items that we will not discuss. One of my favorite parts was Caroline announcing on the microphone that she was getting married on Saturday and having everyone sing "Sweet Caroline" to her. We came, we saw, we conquered. And not anyone in that bar didn't know we were bridesmaids on a mission. Now, there were about 5 other bachlorette parties going on that night at the same bar, but I don't think there presence was known quite like ours. One of the funniest memories I have from Sat night was here are 10 girls, who have taken the bar by storm, shown this bachlorette a great time, taken every shot in the book and drank the bar dry getting ready to leave. I hear someone and I am prone to think it was little mama Katie asking everyone if they had their "exit buddy"...straight out of Finding Nemo...brings you right back to reality. I laughed, then sang Proud Mary to the cop outside...

No comments: